100 more things


Up Close And Personal Things About Da Grandma

1. I am a house plant killer.
2. I had my teeth pulled at the age of 21.
3. I have never dyed my hair.
4. I wish I had kept a journal throughout my life.
5. I am pro-life - period.
6. My right thumb is double jointed.
7. I'm non-confrontational to a fault.
8. I'm not superstitious, don't believe in luck but blessings.
9. Crocheted Martha Washington's shawl for school project in just one evening.
10. I would like to travel the U.S.
11. There's a lot about me that I won't say here, a lot I'd be afraid to say.
12. I don't do well in large groups. I prefer one on one.
13. I over react about things sometimes, but I mostly keep it to myself.
14. I have never been arrested.
15. I always appreciate honesty, even though the truth sometimes hurts.
16. People who impart the truth can't always take the truth.
17. I have fibromyalgia.
18. I have polycystic kidney disease.
19. I started hemo dialysis May 7, 2007.
20. I am on the kidney transplant list at Vanderbilt University Hospital.
21. No matter how long I live, I'll never feel good enough.
22. If you don’t understand what I mean, I’m probably trying to be funny. It's okay, just laugh.
23. I met my husband while playing hooky from school to spend the day with my boyfriend. That was the only time I ever played hooky.
24. I go barefoot every opportunity I get, any season. Therefore I have ugly feet.
25. I used to collect Noah's Arks. I don't any more because my collection outgrew my space to house them.
26. I have some very interesting arks.
27. I have never lived by myself.
28. I spend too much time on the computer.
29. I rode a full-grown bull when I was a child.
30. I am my husband's barber.
31. I don't like phonies.
32. I like working with paper, scissors and glue.
33. I was part owner of a gift shop for several years.
34. I love shopping for bargains and clearance items!
35. I like all kinds of tools and gadgets.
36. I am a master at tickle-torture.
37. I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up.
38. I love sauerkraut!
39. I love finding goofs in movies and TV shows.
40. I am very indecisive. I hate this about me. I wish I could more easily decide on things.
41. I enjoy live theater.
42. There are 66 books in the Bible. I have read 65+ of them. I stalled in Revelation. I will finish it though.
43. Sonic has the best crushed ice I can find. I take a cup of it to dialysis three times a week. Crunch, crunch, crunch.
44. Christmas Eve, 2007, I did not go to bed. I worked right through the night. No nap. No snooze. Very interesting actually.
45. According to the book I'm reading, I'm in a pit, every way except physically.
46. I have an AV Fistula in my left arm, which doesn't work now. Will receive one in my right arm in a few days.
47. I have a deep longing to re-invent myself.
48. I tend to use a lot of sarcasm. Probably not a good habit.
49. I still have my tonsils and appendix. More than you wanted to know, perhaps.
50. I don't untie my sneakers before I pull them off.
51. I wear bifocals.
52. Spring and Autumn are my favorite seasons. The rest is too hot or too cold.
53. My mouse pad is a miniature Monopoly board.
54. I like collecting witty, amusing, and sometimes profound quotes.
55. I received a kidney transplant on Friday night, March 13 at Vanderbilt. Came home on Monday, March 16. I now have three kidneys!
56. I haven't craved ice at all since I had my transplant
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88.
89.
90.
91.
92.
93.
94.
95.
96.
97.
98.
99.
100.

No comments: